Huntsville Hospital is the second largest hospital in Alabama and regional referral center for North Alabama and southern Tennessee. Our team of 17,000 employees provides world-class health care for a service area of more than 1.3 million people, regardless of their ability to pay.
As a not-for-profit regional hospital that receives minimal city, state or federal tax support, Huntsville Hospital relies on philanthropy to fund its capital and operational needs. Foundation dollars help ensure our community has access to the nationally ranked care and high-tech equipment that we all expect and deserve, right here close to home.
With your support, we can continue meeting the needs of patients across our region.
Did you know that Huntsville Hospital ...
Is the community’s only not-for-profit hospital, and receives minimal city, state and federal tax support.
Never turns anyone away.
Has served our community for more than 125 years.
Is the largest employer in North Alabama outside Redstone Arsenal.
Provided $147.4 million in charity and uncompensated care in 2023.
Is one of the nations largest not-for-profit health systems, with 13 hospitals.
Has a $3.3 billion economic impact on our region.
Donors like you help bridge the gap, funding world-class facilities, advanced technology and specialized programs that improve patient lives every day.
Huntsville Hospital provides nationally ranked care, close to home. Your donations support this lifesaving work.
Huntsville Hospital Health System is home to:
North Alabama's only Level 1 Trauma Center
- A very busy Labor and Delivery department! More babies are delivered here than any other hospital in the state.
The busiest Emergency Department in the state
- The region’s only Pediatric ER and Obstetric Emergency Department
A regional Neonatal ICU, caring for more than 1,100 babies annually
- The busiest Cardiac Cath Lab in the state
- One of the largest Pathology labs in the country
- The largest single-site mammography center in the state
- One of only eight St. Jude affiliate clinics in the country
- The only inpatient hospice facility in Madison County, and largest of its kind in North Alabama