The Crim Compassion Fund has raised more than $650,000 to provide financial assistance, activities and support for North Alabama children undergoing cancer treatments.
The fund was established in honor of Frank Crim, DMD, by lifelong friends Betty and Phil Bentley. The fund provides for the special needs of local children with cancer and blood disorders treated at Huntsville Hospital for Women & Children’s Pediatric Oncology Clinic.
Donations to the Crim Fund, and proceeds from the annual Swing "Fore" Children with Cancer Golf Tournament, provide financial assistance, gift cards, toys and games, “No Mo Chemo” parties, Christmas gifts for patients and their siblings, Wall of Heroes portraits, college scholarships, and much more.
Donor gifts to the Crim Compassion Fund provide:
- Crim Care Bags filled with items for newly-diagnosed patients
- Music Therapy to bring joy and distraction
- Tutoring services for homebound patients
- Financial assistance for families in need
- Special outings for patient parents and siblings
- Christmas wish list items for patients and their siblings
- College scholarships for active patients
- “No Mo Chemo” parties for patients upon completion of treatment
- “Wall of Heroes” portraits to celebrate patients who have completed treatment