SPEAK—Suicide. Prevention. Empowerment. Awareness. Knowledge.—addresses the increasing incidence of suicide and raises awareness about mental illness. Established by the Foundation in 2016 in partnership with area mental health organizations and school systems, SPEAK provides resources and education through annual trainings and more.
You can help provide awareness and resources to teenagers struggling in our community!
Click here to give, and designate your gift to SPEAK.
SPEAK by the numbers ...
SPEAK is a collaborative project of:
- Huntsville Hospital Foundation
- Huntsville Hospital
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Bradford Health Services
- Crisis Services of North Alabama
- Decatur-Morgan West Behavioral Medical Center
- Enrichment Center
- Huntsville City Schools
- Little Orange Fish
- Madison City Schools
- Madison County Schools
- National Alliance on Mental Illness/North Alabama
- National Children’s Advocacy Center
- Not One More Alabama
- Nova Center for Youth & Family
- The Caring House
- University of Alabama in Huntsville
- Wellstone Behavioral Health
“This program has truly made me want to go into clinical social work even more. I am so grateful for SPEAK and the opportunity to better my school community.”