An estimated 5,400 babies will receive a book over the next year thanks to our new BIRTHday Books program! The Foundation has teamed up with the Junior League of Huntsville, the Huntsville-Madison County Public Library, and The Snail on the Wall bookstore to launch BIRTHday Books. The purpose of this collaboration is to promote literacy and developmental growth for children in the hospitals’ service area.
Through the BIRTHday Books program, each baby born at Huntsville Hospital for Women & Children and Madison Hospital, plus babies transferred to the HHW&C Regional Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, will receive:
- The “Goodnight Moon” board book;
- A canvas BIRTHday Books tote bag;
- Best practices and library card application information from Huntsville-Madison County Public Library;
- An infant toothbrush and oral health magnet; and
- A handwritten birthday card from an area high school student or community partner.
A donation of only $25 will put a book into the hands of five North Alabama families. Click here to support the BIRTHday Books program!
A special thank you to our BIRTHday Books partners!